Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spreading my wings

Ok, so I am really bad at keeping up with this little booger....er, I mean blogger ;) 


I have been sick for the last 2 weeks! Yuck! Sinus infection, pharyngitis, and bronchitis. OMG. It has been awful! I am on about a million different medicines and I am FINALLY starting to feel better! 




Us in Vegas :)
Well, as usual. A lot has happened since we last chatted. I learned while on vacation in Vegas that my unit (Inpatient Rehab) was closing permanently and we were going to be laid off. Needless to say after hearing that news and loosing my DL in Vegas, I was a little bummed....So since I've been back from Vegas I've been hunting for other positions within the Texas Health Network of hospitals. They were kind enough to give us 30 days to find another job before laying us off. I was so excited when some positions started opening up in women's services. Especially since my experience with my labor with Logan is the reason I finally decided to go into nursing. When I had Logan, I had a placental abruption which lead to an emergency c-section and a mild uterine abruption. Needless to say the compassion and quick response the nursing staff and doctors showed me, and the experience of almost loosing my life as well as my sons, made me decide that I needed to help others the same way I'd been helped. 
After the day that forever changed my life


So there was a position in Labor and Delivery and one in the Nursery. I knew I had to apply there! I also saw a position open up on Oncology so I put in for that one as well. To shorten the story I interviewed for the two women's services positions and felt really good about them. My final day with the company was to be on March 27, and after almost two weeks after the interview I heard the good news on March 25 (can you believe it?!) that I got the position in Labor and Delivery!! What a relief! I feel so lucky to be given this opportunity! Hopefully this will give me some good learning experiences while I finish up nursing school! I will be a Nurse Assistant again as well as filling in as Unit secretary from time to time. It's another PRN position which will allow me time to be with my family and study more! It's a true blessing. 


My little climber....
The kids have been busy as usual. Logan is a CLIMBER, getting in to everything! Averi is still going to school (Mother's Day out), playing soccer and doing Ballet/Tap. Her first recital will be in May. I am so excited! I love to watch her dance! I think she favors dance more than soccer, especially since she was doing ballet moves on the soccer field today! :) We'll keep her in soccer a bit longer to see if she takes to it. If not, then it's ok. I can see Logan playing soccer when he gets older. He already loves kicking the ball and playing with ANY ball really! He's going to be my little sports fanatic! But they both are doing so well. They bring me so much joy each day!


Her "super soccer kick"





Michael has been busy. He went to a school for work for accident investigation. He loves that stuff! He now wears so many hats at the PD: Patrol, Bike patrol, SWAT, Accident Investigator....He's so talented! I am so proud of him. It takes a special person to be an officer, and I am so lucky and proud of my officer! I love him!






Well, I've shared all the good news with y'all! Till next time---XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment