Monday, June 6, 2011

Again....

DID YOU MISS ME?!?!?!

Ok, no really. I should be better at keeping up with this thing, I don't have ANY excuse not to! I have a lot of time on my hands. I just let the time slip away. Or I'm usually devoting it to the never ending loads of laundry....(that's for all of you that know my strong hatred of laundry). I am actually quite busy with the kiddo's. I wish I knew where all their energy comes from. It's unreal! 

Well, as usual, there has been a lot going on in the Katekaru house.....

Aves has made the switch from dance to cheerleading. She had her last dance recital. It was bittersweet....She did a great job (not to sound partial, but she was the best one on the stage!). She actually did the dance moves and didn't just stand there and stare into space! She did two dances-ballet and tap. These pics are from her Tap dance. It was her favorite! 








Isn't she so sweet?! She did such a great job! 


















So now, mister Logan. Oh this boy is SO busy! He is loving the summer time, I now have two water babies on my hands! He is fearless and will leap, face first, into the water! Oh my! Here are some of his fun times he's had so far this summer......



So, needless to say-he's been a busy little body! Always seems like he's in his swimsuit! 

Michael has been very busy! He is working so hard for his family, and we are so grateful for all he does for us. He is in his second Accident Investigation school! He is really loving this stuff. He is intrigued by reconstructing an accident scene and loves the math (ewww...math, I cringe at the word "math"). But, if he likes it......Someone's gotta do it! He's also been busy making the yard look good! He has perfected the "diagonal mow", hahahaha! But the yard looks Ah-mazing! I love him so! And I wonder how I got so lucky to snag him?! Whats so funny is that neither of us wanted to go to the pool party TWELVE years ago that brought us together....who knew?! But here we are! 

PS-he got me a GORGEOUS new wedding set for mother's day, anniversary etc etc etc.....! Love it! 














Let me see......what else.......

I've been sooooooo busy! I helped see Megan off to her Senior Prom and she graduated HIGH SCHOOL! OMG, I feel so old.....







We also threw her a surprise graduation party-she loved it! And was actually surprised! 


My best friend Shalane was in town for a couple of weeks, it was so nice to see her and catch up....the kids sure did love it too! We love our "Sha-Sha" so much! 



While Shalane was here, I also got to help her set up a proposal site for her brother in law! It was SO much fun, and I was lucky enough to get to stick around for the big moment and capture some photos of the event! It was really sweet, and her face was priceless! Congrats to Melissa and Matt on their engagement! 




IN OTHER NEWS:
I've been busy learning the ropes of my new position in labor and delivery as a patient care tech. I LOVE IT!!!!! I know now exactly where I want to be in the nursing world! I don't care where it is in women's services, as long as I'm in women's services. I think all of it is so neat. L&D, Mother-Baby/postpartum, OB/GYN. It's great! I have learned so much, and I hope it will help me in nursing school. 

Speaking of school.....I am happy to announce, I got accepted to the University of Texas at Arlington. I will be doing their all ONLINE program for a Bachelors of Science in Nursing! I'm really nervous about this, because I'm not sure how I feel about ALL online classes, but I can not wait to get this part of school behind me, to focus on the next step (DNP-Doctrate of Nurse Practitioner....I think......)! It took me SOOOOOOOOO long to decide "what I wanted to be when I grew up". But, finally. I have decided and I'm working my tushie off to get there. I have some more general studies courses to finish before I can apply to the College of Nursing. My goal is to have those finished by December (it's 8 classes) so I can apply in January for Nursing school. Once I get accepted to the CON, then I will be in a strict and fast paced 15 month program. Non-stop classes. *deep breath* I can do this. I have an amazing support group behind me. I'm just trying to figure out....... how to manage a home, manage my studies, have time for my family, friends and myself and work as much as I can to help support our family (I guess the student loans will start piling up....? Thats ok, I think it will pay off in the end). Lord willing, I'll do this, and we will make it through fine. 

Well, I think that's all I've got for now. Do your eyes hurt from reading my novel? I'll try not to make it so long between posts-because then the posts are just too long. 


Let's keep in touch----
XOXO


 

No comments:

Post a Comment